Aug 21, 2011

Catch Me If You Can The Musical on Broadway! See it now while you can!


I was not compensated at all for this post.  I am posting my own opinions because of my feelings about the show and the cast itself.

I used to absolutely love the movie Catch Me if you Can and last year when I heard there was a show coming to Broadway based on the movie, I absolutely had to see it.  Of course, since I had been talking about it for months, my best friend decided to take me to the show for my birthday.  Well, that was back in March and since that first day that I saw this show, I have been hooked.  

Why?

As I said, I loved the movie; however the musical is a completely different angle to the story.  While the movie focuses more on the chase between Frank Abagnale and the FBI agent who tries to find him, the play focuses more on the father/son relationships that come out of the show.  The father/son relationship between Frank Abagnale and his dad and the father/son relationship that comes between Frank and the FBI agent who becomes someone Frank looks up to.  

Not only is the story inspiring and true, but the musical numbers in this show and the choreography is just amazing.  I've seen this musical quite a few times and I never get sick of it.  The chemistry between the entire cast is just absolutely amazing and the leads Aaron Tveit and Norbert Leo Butz are perfect for their parts.  The way they fall into character and become the character is just absolutely amazing.  It is like the parts were written for those two especially.

Sadly, this show is closing on September 4th, the economy is bad and many people figure that they can't afford Broadway shows.  However, they can!  There are some great discounts (Broadway Box and the TKTS booth in Times Square.)  I highly suggest that anyone traveling to New York or anyone living in New York go to see this show.  It is one that you do not want to miss.

Enhanced by Zemanta