Dec 1, 2014

Where in the world have I been?

I know I have been MIA for almost a year and I have actually been getting some e-mails and messages asking if I am doing well or where I've been for almost a year.  The truth is, I just needed a break.  

As you all know, I was working as an office manager for a tax office last year during the tax season and things just got too hectic with that and with my daughter being a competitive dancer.  Her schedule was absolutely insane and we had to travel the state; a lot.  I didn't have any time to sit down, draw up a plan, make a schedule and be consistent and I didn't want to just throw out one or two posts if I couldn't be consistent.  I didn't just want to dangle a carrot in front of you and hope you keep waiting until I came back for another post.  I figured that I would just take a break for the tax and competition season and come back afterward with a great plan and hundreds of posts to schedule.  
Life doesn't go as planned and after tax/competition season was over I was depressed.  I was severely depressed, couldn't get a job after tax season was over, bills were piling up, life was just getting hopeless and all I did was cry, look for jobs, do my best to take care of my kids and cry some more.  It was horrible and I knew that posting my drama, depression and crap wasn't going to make anyone happy.  As much as I wanted to post, I decided that for myself, my family and my sanity I needed to disconnect and not worry about posting anything while I was trying to find a job.  

It took much longer than I had hoped but over the summer I finally found a job!  While it's not the job that fits my qualifications or was in the field I had previously been in, it was a job nonetheless and I enjoyed it.  It challenged me, it made me feel like I was a part of something again and best of all I had a steady income and could get caught up on all of my bills.  That's where I am at now.  :)  Most of my bills are caught up again, I'm starting to put money back into savings and I finally feel much better about myself and my life.  

I also wanted to announce that...I lost EIGHTY POUNDS since I last posted.  Yes, yes, I lost 70% of the weight I wanted to lose and I feel wonderful about myself.  I'm planning on writing about my diet journey in another post.  It's been a crazy ride but I'm finally back and ready to get serious about blogging.  I finished a business plan, promotional plan, my blogging goals and I am in a pretty decent place right now.

Thank you guys for staying with me through this crazy ride.  You all mean the world to me and all of the positive thoughts and sentiments that were sent to me really made me feel better.  Hugs to you all!

Stay tuned... :)