Apr 11, 2010

UBP Day 3!! Get to know me more. :)

Decided to write a little more about me for those who are new to the blog from the Ultimate Blog Party or from Friday Follow!  :)  

♥ My middle name is Patrice.  I hate it, but my parents named me that because of the fact that I was born on St. Patrick's Day.  It was also because of the social worker who placed me with my mom, her name was Patricia

♥ We have been very close to the adoption agency that I was placed from.  In fact, I donated some of my art to their silent auction in 2003.  I was very proud to donate my art to something I feel so strongly about

♥ My dad died when I was 2 years old.  He had leukemia.  I don't remember him, but my mom has always kept his memory alive through home videos of when I was a baby.  Sometimes I miss him a lot and wish I had the chance to get to know him.  I never got to be daddy's little girl.
♥ I started figure skating when I was 3 years old.  I skated competitively solo and on a synchro team until I was 16 years old.  After I broke my ankle, I wasn't able to skate for a long time.  After my ankle healed, I never had the strength to go back -- I regret that.

♥  I, yes me, am a HUGE fan of the Imagination Movers.  I'm always happy to take my kids to their concerts because I have a great time myself!  My favorite mover is Mover Rich. :D

♥  Hanson has always been and will always be my favorite band.  They're amazing performers.  Zac used to be my favorite.  Hell, he still is.

♥ In 2001 (i think?) I got to go to the N'Sync Pop Odyssey tour sound check Party.  I was ecstatic.  I also saw the concert at Giants Stadium from the second row.  It was one of the best nights of my little teenage life.

♥ My art was exhibited at the Newark museum in Newark, NJ when I was in High School.  It was an amazing feeling to be respected as a fine artist.
♥ I love cell phones.  I have a Blackberry Storm and an iPhone.  They are both my baby!!

♥ My ex fiance left me when I was 6 months pregnant with Alayna.  He was cheating on me and my birth mother found that out.  He was the first person I ever fell in love with and I thought he was the world.  It was very hurtful and took me a long time to get over.

♥ Alayna (DD#1) was born 6 weeks early.  She was considered a preemie, but weighed 8lbs 7oz.  She was in the hospital for a month and 2 days in the NICU with feeding problems.  That month and 2 days felt like an eternity to me.

♥ I am obsessed with makeup.  I absolutely love to do my makeup.

♥ Coach is my obsession.  I think their purses are the best.  My budget is one every year or year and a half.  They last such a long time and are the most durable of all the purses I own.

♥  Oh yeah, I am also obsessed with purses.

♥ ...And jewelry.

♥ I make my own jewelry.  I actually have my own business...though, right now it is on hiatus since life is more important.

♥ My dream car is either a Lincoln Navigator (pink!) or a mustang convertible.
♥ I absolutely LOVE Broadway shows.

♥ I live 20-30 minutes outside of NYC.

♥ I actually started blogging in 1998.



0 comments: