Apr 30, 2010

Welcome, Friday Follow 04/30




WELCOME!!!  I can't believe it's Friday AGAIN!!  Time seems to be just flying by!  How is everyone on this great Friday?  I'm doing pretty well!  We're up and getting things ready for our huge blow out yard sale tomorrow.  Hopefully, it will all go smooth and we will end up with some money in the process! :D  The weather is supposed to be awesome, in the mid to high 80's all weekend, which is such a welcome change from what it has been around here.  The yo-yoing of the weather is just crazy!  I can't stand it anymore! Ha.  I hope the weather is doing great by you as well! 

My name is Krissy, I am a 25 year old single mom and loving every minute of it.  My kids are my life! :)  They're just so important to me.  I'm also an artist, music lover and perfectionist.  I love blogging and find it very important and therapeutic.


1. If you could, would you go back to high school? I probably would, but I wouldn't go back to the high school that I attended.  In my opinion, high school (for me) was just a horrible place that lowered my self esteem.  I had threats for my life, I got punched in the stomach...  It wasn't a very happy time.  I was the "geek" in the class.  (And it was an all girls school too)  The principal never took my side and always said it was "childish stuff" and that I "should be glad I never got seriously hurt."  If I could go back to High School, I would want to try the OTHER high school in my town...the one I originally wanted to go to anyway.
 
2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? (And, no saying "more wishes".) 
I would wish for the ability to be super mom.  I try my best with being patient, putting up with my kids when they're spitefully destructive and I try to make everyone breakfast, lunch and dinner. (And in that order too!!)  But taking care of myself, my mother and sometimes my uncle comes here and is thrown in the mix; it's difficult no matter how hard I try.  I just want to be able to do everything and not feel exhausted.  I love my family and want to be someone they all can look up to and respect.

 
 
A second wish would be for a job in which I feel happy. Right now I am unemployed and yes it is very difficult.  There are times I feel like a failure because I am unemployed and there are times I feel like I could do so much better if I was.  It's not for lack of trying, I apply everywhere and go on numerous interviews.  It's just completely difficult to find a job in the metro NYC area in this economy.  People are getting laid off and I am trying to get into the work force.  It's just a terrible time.  

3. What kids show do you secretly like?  I secretly LOVE Imagination Movers. lol  I find that show so interesting and the music is just great.  I don't know what I'd do without that show!  My two kids are just obsessed with it.  We've gone to three Movers concerts and met two of the guys, and I have to say -- the live show is just as amazing as the TV show.  Any 5 guys who can keep a 2-6 year old's attention for an hour and a half straight...they deserve the credit they get!
 
4. What is your beverage of choice?
Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce at Starbucks, Diet Orange Soda or Diet Coke. :)  If it's a beer, I'd have to go for a Bud Light.  Cocktail?  A June Bug from Virgils BBQ in NYC.  

 
5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)?
I am working on my self esteem as well as losing weight.  I'm half way to my goal and I couldn't be happier.  I can see it as an actual accomplishment for myself and I am the lowest weight I have been in YEARS!!  I know I'll accomplish it by the fall and when that happens...get ready for the biggest party ever! :)

So guys, now that you know a little more about me -- Follow, Comment, have a blast!  Don't forget about following us on twitter and fanning us on Facebook. :)  We return all comments, follows and so on!  I love finding and reading new blogs!  Also, feel free to read and comment on whatever post you'd like!  
FRIDAY FOLLOWER APPRECIATION GIVEAWAY: That also happens today!  This time, I am sending one lucky Friday Follower a handmade bracelet!  I will contact them on Monday to ask about style and color. :)  All you have to do to enter is comment and follow us!  

Comment Prompt:  What is your guilty pleasure? 



 

0 comments: