Sep 26, 2011

Recipe: Mini Eggplant Pizzas. (Low carb, Low calorie, Low fat)


Ever since I made the decision to change my eating lifestyle and eat healthier, I've always been looking for new ways to eat.  I'm sick of the same old food that you just throw in the microwave and eat; that gets boring after a while.  I decided to try these Mini Eggplant Pizzas that I saw somewhere and they ended up being just so delicious!


Ingredients Needed:

    1 eggplant - 3 inches in diameter, peeled and cut into 4 half-inch thick slices 4 teaspoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/4 cup pasta sauce 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Steps:

  • Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F. 
  • Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with the salt and pepper
  • Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. 
  • Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice. 
  • Top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
I also added some parm cheese on them as well.  You could do so much with these like adding pepperoni or turkey pepperoni, ham, pineapple or whatever you like on your mini pizzas!  My kids even ate these! :)

Calories: 119 * Total Fat: 7.5g * Carbs: 8.9g