- 1 eggplant - 3 inches in diameter, peeled and cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with the salt and pepper
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice.
- Top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.