Nov 18, 2013

How My Name Meaning Relates to My Personality


Greek Meaning: The name Kristin is a Greek baby name.  In Greek the meaning of the name Kristin is: The annointed. 

People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience or creative and artistic ability. 

They also tend to initiate events and be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities.  They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination.  They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive.  As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority and are sometimes stubborn, proud and impatient.

When I saw this writing prompt I really felt like I had to take this one on.  I have always known what my name meant but I wanted to dig a little deeper to see if my name really had anything to do with my personality.  When I found the above information I was actually shocked at how my name signified who I was as a person.  Strange, right?

As most of you know, I am a very creative individual and I have always wanted to teach children or teenagers to be artistic as well.  Ever since I was a child, I wanted to assist or run art classes and give back to others.  I am also a very kind person -- maybe too kind -- I constantly want to help others and let friends borrow money, belongings, etc... to make them happier.  That's just the kind of person I am, someone with a good heart.  Of course, that has got me in trouble in the past.  I've lost belongings and money that individuals never planned on giving back and also got my heart broken in the process.  I'm more cautious now, but I am still a very giving person. 

I'm a very headstrong and stubborn person, knowing what I want and not stopping until I get there.  I've had so many ups and downs with my life and my business but I still stay strong on the path to accomplishing one of my many goals.  I set them high so getting there is challenging -- I think that's the most fun part of the journey. :)  

Courageous -- Not quite me except for the fact that I have overcome a lot of challenges with a smile and a very optimistic attitude.  Maybe that does count as corageous, I don't know.  I honestly think that I'm a big chicken shit most of the time, but that's just me!  Now, aggressive is definitely me.  Growing up I was a very shy child and would never speak up for myself.  Since becoming an adult (or a mother) I have become very defensive.  I will tell someone off without even thinking about it and will definitely speak my mind.  Sometimes I get myself in trouble by opening my mouth, but it makes me feel better! :) 

Go ahead, look up the deeper meaning of your name and see how similar the meaning is to who you really are.  You'll be shocked, just as I was!