Jan 24, 2013

One Step Closer...


As some of you know in July I started attending college again.  Well, not actually attending...going to school via online but it's still college either way you look at it!  I've had a hard few months of working on a few introductory courses and in December started my first actual course, Introduction to Business.  Believe it or not, this course was actually very difficult!  I learned about the types of businesses, corporations, how a business runs, types of accounting, insurance/savings and a lot of other basic fundamentals of business.  Well, yesterday I took my final exam for my Introduction to Business course and got an 88!  I have an A- average, so far, for my entire course at this point.  Hopefully I can keep my average up in the A's!  

Why am I so excited about this?  I was never good in school.  Talking to my mom last night, she said I probably just wasn't motivated when I was in school, which is completely true.  I never wanted to be in school and hated my school experience. (Bullying, mostly.)  This time, I'm completely motivated, working everyday on some schoolwork and really pushing myself above and beyond to study, pass tests and ultimately, to get my Bachelors degree -- finally.  :)  I want to be a good role model for my girls and I want them to know that even though I'm a single mom and work two jobs to support them, I am able to graduate and get my degree too.  I just want to be that strong person that they can look up to in the future. (When they don't hate me!)

My next course is World Civilizations...that's going to be even more difficult (and probably boring) but I know I can conquer it just as I did my Intro to Business.  I have faith in myself this time around.

:)