Jan 16, 2013

The Older You Get, The Tougher it is to Lose Weight...

...by then your body and your fat have become very good friends.



I actually found that quote online quite a while ago and I remember laughing hysterically about it.  However, it is true.  Even though I feel ancient sometimes I'm really not old, I'm 27 (and  3/4) years old but feel like I've been dieting all my life.

My diet started on January 2nd and I feel like the weight is taking a while to come off this time.  It's a little frustrating for me but I also have to realize that losing weight slower is the healthier way to do it.  I've lost almost 10lbs at this point and can't complain too much if I really think about it.  That's 10lbs in about 3 weeks, which seems like a healthy rate of weight loss for someone just starting out.  I just feel frustrated because I really want to be thin and feel like it's never going to happen.

What am I doing for a diet?  Well, I tried low carb about a year ago and while that worked great for me, I felt hungry all of the time.   I'm currently following a low calorie plan by eating Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones and Weight Watchers means while also making my own food.  I'm trying to currently stay under 1200 calories a day, which is working for me.  I considered doing Nutrisystem but dismissed it as it was too expensive for me.  Thankfully, Nutrisystem contacted me and asked if I wanted to review their system at the end of February, so that is coming up and I'm very excited to start writing about being a Nutrisystem Blogger!  Keep looking out for my Nutrisystem posts because I'm completely excited to promote such a great plan and a great company! 

I'm going to be weighing in weekly on Wednesdays and posting my feelings, thoughts and progress on here.  I'm actually very excited and feel like I'm going to have to be accountable to each and every reader of my blog.  (Let me think that, please! lol) 

So, why exactly am I losing weight?  I'm losing weight for myself and for my kids.  I don't want to not run around outsite with them because I can't breathe, I don't want to be ashamed of going to the beach or waterpark with them because I hate putting on a bathing suit, I don't want to be called the "fat mom" anymore.  I'm also doing it for my own health; I was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago and was told that if I ate the right way I might actually be able to control my diabetes without medication.  I also am trying to control my gallbladder and gallstone issues too.  After a horrible attack that put me in the ER overnight over the summer I realized that eating everything like I had been at that time was causing me to be uncomfortable and sick.  I just want to be healthy and not have to have surgery!  (I also may be losing weight to impress someone as well...but that's between you and me. lol)

Good luck to everyone else who is trying to lose weight and get in shape! You can do it!