May 22, 2013

6 Random Facts About Myself - Writing Prompt

I'm a completely random person, I will definitely pop up with the weirdest comments, questions or statements in the middle of any given conversation.  (Even if it's not on-topic!)  Needless to say, I also love to share some random facts -- God knows, I have sooooo many random facts about myself!  So let's share a few! 

 I am obsessed with cell phone cases. For my iPhone 4 I had about 15-20 cell phone cases to use with my phone.  Some people ask me if I coordinated my case for every single outfit; I didn't.  I just enjoyed having a new look for my phone every so often when I felt like changing it.  Why do I love cell phone cases? I have absolutely no idea, but I do feel like your cell phone is an expression of who you are.

 I recently bought a Michael Kors purse and I love it. This is more of a confession.  Since 2006 I have been a Coach addict.  Every single year (either around Christmas or tax refund time) I would buy myself a new Coach purse.  I have a fairly large collection of Coach purses, wristlets, sunglasses, etc...  However I saw my sister with a Michael Kors purse and I fell in love with it.  So this year, when I got my tax refund, I went to the Michael Kors store and got myself a MK purse -- I love it.  Surprisingly, I haven't changed my purse in 4 months. (Rare for me!)

 I can't live without coffee.  I have to have at least one cup of coffee a day or you don't want to be around me.  I can be a crabby bitch when I don't have coffee.  I've been asked (too often) whether I prefer Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts coffee and I'm torn.  I purchase Starbucks coffee to use in my own coffee machine at home, I prefer the taste of their coffee to brew on my own.  Though I do think Dunkin Donuts turbo coffee does have a unique flavor that I do like.  I am obsessed with Starbucks Caramel Macchiatos, that's a fact.

 I used to work in retail.  When I was younger, I worked in retail for years.  My first job was at Stop & Shop as a front end cashier, before HS graduation I started work at Sears in their Electronics department -- I hated that job, it was solely commission and I quit once I realized how tough that was.  Next, I worked at Bath and Body Works and H&R Block (at the same time) for four years, seasonal.  In between I was a photographer at the Picture People until I broke my wrist in a car accident and couldn't hold the bulky camera while in a cast.  I also worked at Aeropostale, Apple Computers (at home), Sephora and the Coach store. (Sephora and the Coach store were dream jobs for me!!)  After that, I moved into working in corporate jobs doing Social Media and SEO coordination.  As much as I do love retail, I hate being on my feet all day...I now love helping companies with promotion via Social Media and Optimization, I don't see myself switching industries for a very long time.

 I've been blogging since 1999.  I first got into blogging when I was in 8th grade.  It was an old old old website with the neon colors, iFrames, my favorite musicians as "layouts", way too much personal information and the old "webcam" on the side of the page.  It was a typical teenage blog website.  I haven't stopped since 1999, even though my websites/blogs have changed quite a bit over the years.  I don't think I will ever stop blogging because I love the relationships I have made with other moms, bloggers and businesses over the years. 

 I am obsessed with shopping at Dots.  I think they have great quality clothes for amazing prices, especially with their coupons!  I don't think Dots is in every single state, it may only be on the east coast, but if there is a Dots in your area...shop there! :)