May 25, 2013

I Love to Dream Big, Can I Make it Happen?


Tell us about something you would attempt if you were guaranteed not to fail (and tell us why you haven’t tried it yet). - Prompt by The Daily Post

All my life I have wanted to own a store.


Not just any store, but a store where I can incorporate little known artists and crafters.  A place where I can bring all of us unknowns together to help grow their success, their brand and their product.  My dream has always been to open a store that is similar to a real-life Etsy, more or less.  I've always had the perfect location picked out, ever since I was a child.  The location is a small triangular building that's on a small median in the middle of a major street in my town.  The building is a very small building and businesses seem to move in and out of there constantly.  I have always felt that would be a perfect location for my shop.  I never thought up a name for it, but I had always wanted to offer art classes, crafting classes, getting local artists together to host seminars and shows, just to let my creativity flow.  

Why have I not gone after my dream yet?

Financial reasons.  I don't have the money nor do I have the credit to lease a corporate building to house my business.  One day, though, I know I'm going to be able to open my shop and when I do, I will be the happiest person on the face of the planet.  I'm very determined and driven to make this dream come true someday, and I know I will.  Art and creativity is a passion of mine and I won't let that passion go.