Apr 5, 2011

My near-brush with messing up my diet.

Anyone who has been reading this blog for as long as I have had it, knows that I have been dieting on and off for years.  I have had much success with different types of diets, but as soon as I lost some weight, it went right back on.  I have a problem with stress eating.  I am an emotional eater, and that leads to my gaining weight again when I go through difficult times.  There are days I feel like I will never lose the weight because of my emotional eating, especially when stress is inevitable on a daily basis;  it's a natural part of my life now.  Stress with the kids, stress with finances, stress with work, stress with being social...it is something that I just can never get used to.


As I said, my natural coping mechanism for these things is to eat and today is so difficult.  I had a very stressful day with my kids and my mom, I ended up having to run errands after I picked Alayna up from school, and we ended up at Wendys after running around.  That is really our last option, when I have bad a busy morning, and I did have to work this afternoon so it was our only option.  I did well, I ate a half size salad, but when I got home the temptation from the fries was absolutely horrible.  

FRIES ARE MY WEAKNESS....

They're dangerous to me, even more than cheeseburgers or chicken nuggets.  Fries are really something that can break my diet.  I keep trying to remind myself that after I lose the weight, the fries will still be there.  Keeping my mind set on the fact that I have been trying to lose this weight for years, and it is the time to focus on that and not let stupid fries divert my attention or mess me up.  I have to keep my mind on the end result, and then I can have fries occasionally if I want.  Dieting is changing my life for myself and my kids.  I can't eat unhealthy food anymore and neither can my kids.  I want to be a good role model for us all and want to introduce them to a variety of foods.  It is hard when I am working, but thank God I work from home.  I can get more done in between what I do for work.

I know I can do it, it is just so difficult to keep motivated with all the temptations around me.  At least I did press through and got past my french fry temptation today.  I stuck to my salad, and even though I'm a little upset I cant have the fries, I feel great that I did not cave.

What foods are your weakness?  Is anyone else watching what they eat?