Jan 11, 2014

Changing My Outlook for 2014


In 2013 I made two resolutions:
  • Lose Weight
  • Be Financially Aware
Did I accomplish any of those? None at all.  Actually, I did become a little more financially aware and made less frivolous and expensive purchases, but I still didn't do as well as I had hoped.  I didn't really deposit any money into my savings as I had hoped I would.   In terms of losing weight, I went on a diet for 3 months and did lose about 30 lbs but then gained it all back when I lost motivation and started to eat like crap again when I got down with myself.  Do I regret it?  Of course I do.  I always regret it when I mess up my diet because I have to start from square one all over again.  It makes me so angry at myself. 
 
I'm planning on changing all of that this year.  I've been eating better for the past week, I've had more energy and I have the motivation to get up each day, go to work, eat as best as I can and be a great mom.  I really feel like things are changing this year and I feel so positive.  I think my new view of myself and my life will really continue to help me out in my goals for this year.  Even though I'm not 100% self confident, I'm trying to have a more optimistic view of my life and trying to follow the word "believe" as my key word for 2014.  I want to believe in myself, my life and my abilities more than I have in the past.  It is true that if you believe in yourself, others will believe in you more.  I just feel like things are finally looking up for me.  I was promoted at the end of December, I now have a boyfriend who loves me, I actually have money in savings and I'm getting things straightened out at home.
 
Changing things is not easy but it is possible.  They say it takes approximately 21 days to form a new habit, which is actually less than a month so it is basically just a matter of staying motivated for those first few weeks until I get used to my new lifestyle.  It will happen if I just have patience and give it time.

Did you meet any of your resolution goals in 2013?