Jan 7, 2014

National Cuddle Up Day for the Coldest Day of the Year!


So yesterday was National Cuddle Up Day but today is more of a cuddling kind of day.  The news says that this is the coldest day in our area since 1993, and I can feel it.  I walked out of the house today to go to work and immediately I felt the cold stinging my face.  (That was the only part of me that was not covered up!)  Some schools in the area closed due to the cold but my girls' school did not.  I kept them home only because my mom walks my girls' to school when I go to work at 8 am.  I wasn't going to let my disabled mom walk my girls to school in weather with a wind chill -16 degrees and ice all over the place.  If any of them slipped on the ice I would have felt horrible for having to go into work so early. 
I wish I could have stayed home and cuddled up with my girls but instead I had to go into work to open my office this morning.  Of course, I stopped by Dunkin Donuts to get myself a nice and hot turbo coffee and a bagel, which they messed up on me!  I couldn't have gone into the office today without coffee, that just wouldn't have worked for me!
When I get home from work today I am going to get into comfy, warm sweats and cuddle up on the couch with my girls, hot chocolate and a nice warm blanket to watch TV all night.  I am considering today my Cuddle Up Day. :)