Jan 28, 2010

Coupon time & also OLD NAVY SPECIAL!!

I had to go grocery shopping and had a bunch of coupons to do just that.  I had to go to three different stores because of the sales to match my coupons, but I couldn't complain after the minimal amount that I spent.  I spent $68.53 before coupons at Stop & Shop, afterwards the total came to $29.11.  Target, total before coupons was $49.01 and after I only spent $15.93...Target was the best because I had Target coupons for Lean Cuisine, Kashi and Juicy Juice PLUS manufacturers coupons. :)  I printed off quite a few so I could stock up.   I went to another Stop & Shop afterwards, and stocked up on Smart Ones.  Since they were 6 for $10...  I also had 2 coupons for $1 off of 6, plus Buy One Get One Free coupons that I had all my family and friends print off and give to me.  So I came up spending only $7.50 for 10 Smart Ones meals, I had a coupon for a free Purel hand sanitizer, a 10% off my order coupon, A loaf of bread (regular price, damn...) and 10 packs of Starkist Tuna for $.18 cents each (after my 10 $1 off coupons!!!)  I may end up going back for more Tuna tomorrow.  I'm going to try to eat healthier, so all of this will help me greatly!  And I can't complain that I hardly spent too much today.  

I did have a problem at Target, however.  The cashier was very rude to me and REFUSED to use my manufacturers coupons and Target coupons.  They told me I was "cheating the system".  (Bullshit!!)  I argued with her and after she got nasty with me, demanded to see a manager.  The manager agreed that I was right and put my coupons right through.  He also said he would make sure to talk to the cashier about the fact that you CAN use one ManuQ and one Target Q on the same item. :)  Success!! lol  

Among my coupons, I had a coupon for a free L'oreal Lash Serum that they had sent me.  They sent it to me because another free sample that I requested was out of stock.  It was great of them to do that and I thanked them profusely by e-mail!  Anyway, I got it today when I was at the store and am going to use it.  They said within 3 months it should start working.  I'm going to take a picture every month to see the progress and see if it is making any progress. :)  I'm hoping so because I would love for it to actually work!  I actually may have a giveaway pretty soon for the L'oreal Lash Serum, so keep a look out. :)  

I also got an e-mail from Old Navy today that 01/29 and 01/30 only - 30% off EVERYTHING!!!  I'm totally going to be taking advantage of that tomorrow. My kids and I could use a lot!! Especially with the 30% off!

My kids are being complete maniacs right now, so I'm going to leave it at that.  I hope the lash serum works and am looking forward to seeing!! 

2 comments:

Trac~ said...

I can't believe the cashier at Target was so rude and thought she was all high and mighty and that you were trying to cheat the system - WOW - I'm glad you asked for the manager instead of letting her get away with treating you that way. You're my kind of gal - I love to use coupons even if I have to go to 3 different stores for all of the deals! Way to go and great job! P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday to say hello! Happy Friday! :o)

Jannie Funster said...

Wow, you are such the smart Queen Of Coupons!!

Yah, on asking for the Target manager, hee, hee. Bet it did NOT make the cashier's day.