Nov 22, 2011

Shopping for Dresses & Plus Size Dresses.

So it's no secret that right now I have to semi shop in the plus size department.  Honestly, I don't think my dress size should be considered even in the plus size department since it's not even large enough to be considered plus size... but that's today's society.  I got disgusted the other day when I saw a size 11/12 in the plus size department.  (I guess we're all supposed to be anorexic, right?)

For over a month and a half now I have been looking for a dress to wear to an important event coming up. It seems to be impossible to find something that I would want to wear for this event.  I fell in love with a dress at the mall, tried it on and found out I looked horrible in it.  I've tried on about 4 or 5 dresses since then and can't find anything!  It's so difficult to find plus size dresses that flatter you, that's for sure.  (Or maybe society is just making us feel like crap for being on the lower end of the plus sizes? Either/or!) 

I found some dresses that I really like and would have to order online... any input? FYI - I'm wearing black tall heeled boots with whatever I pick. Kind of like the boots in the second pic.
  1. Surplice Empire Dress
  2. Cowl Neck Dress (I would get the green)
  3. Printed Tunic Blouse
  4. Hanky Hem Tunic (And if so, what color?)
I just have no idea what to wear and I really do need help finding that perfect outfit within the next week or week and a half.  I really feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Enhanced by Zemanta