Mar 31, 2009

Business is finally picking up!

I am so happy. Business is finally picking up! I had two fairly large orders in the past 2 days, which is great! I also have some custom orders that I am currently in talks on. I possibly will be doing those orders as well. Very excited about all of that! :)

I never knew you could explode Cucumber Avacado melt 'n' pour soap. Well, I did. Even if it is absolutely impossible, I did. I don't know how I even did it, because when I tried again to see WHY I did, I couldn't do it. The only thing I could think of, is maybe I put a higher power on the micro by accident and it did it's own thing. (Consisting of a loud BOOM and soap EVERYWHERE) What's funny, is I work with melt n pour A LOT because I just started making hot and cold process. I don't know what to say about how I did it. LOL. :) I have to say one thing...whenever I make my soaps, my house smells AWESOME because of the essential oils I use. lol

Michaels and AC Moore has had the best sales lately and I've had 50% and 40% off coupons. I got some great findings, beads, new crystals from various stores and I also went to garage sales last weekends and got some great vintage pieces to turn into jewelry. I'll be making those this week and trying to add them asap. It's been very difficult lately to do anything.

A few days ago my 3 year old Alayna was running (and I mean running) out the door and down the front stairs because her best friend was calling her from the driveway. In the process of me telling her to slow down, no sooner did I say it, she tripped down the stairs. Down TWO concrete steps. I was petrified she did bad damage but thankfully she didn't. All she did was get a nasty bruise on her nose. Poor baby. I keep putting Neosporin and Mederma for kids on it hoping it will go down soon. I'm so glad she didn't break her nose or do worse.

My youngest has been having a terrible problem with teeth coming in. Both my kids got their teeth early, which is good. Poor Olivia has been having a bad time, though. It got so bad the other day that I guess one of the teeth broke through and actually started bleeding in that area. We were actually at Michaels when that happened and I was so freaked out. She's doing a lot better now, though. We're just getting ready for Spring around here. :)

I will have those other things up a.s.a.p!

1 comments:

Piggy said...

Congrats on your latest orders! Sounds fun shopping for supplies :) Look forward to seeing more items in your shop!