Oct 22, 2009

Great new vintage find.


This is so beautiful and is the perfect gift for that special someone who loves vintage and who loves brooches. I do believe I may turn this into a necklace if someone isn't interested in it within a reasonable period of time, because I'm in LOVE with this. (If you're really interested in my turning this into a necklace for you, please let me know. Convo me on Etsy or e-mail me at designsbykrissy@msn.com. I would be more than happy to make this into a beautiful necklace for you.)

Dating back to the 1950's, this brooch was made by an elite costume jewelry company called Original by Robert. Doing a lot of research on this piece, I have found that it was very rare. Only very few of them were made and even fewer are in circulation today! The price of this piece back in 1950's to purchase was.... *drumroll please* $40!!! Back in 1950, $40 must have been a thousand dollars to them! (Imagine that!) This piece today is worth over $100. You can purchase this brooch from Designs By Krissy for just $100 including FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! It's really gorgeous and the picture does not do it justice.

This comes in a beautiful gift box with Designs by Krissy branding on it. Aside from that, I do definitely gift wrap for the holidays. If you would like to purchase this brooch as a gift, please include that in the *MESSAGE TO SELLER* section on the order.

0 comments: