May 25, 2010
Summer is coming and weekend trips are probably being planned! I know for us, we love to take family trips on the weekends for many reasons. Usually, because they're more cost efficient than actual week long trips! The kids love them. Even so, we want to be comfortable and fashionable. We want to be able to look good on our weekend trips; be it with our friends or with our families.
1. The first piece I'd definitely suggest you need is a nice pair of flip flops. You can get flip flops pretty cheap from Old Navy, Walmart, Target, Payless, etc... Flip flops are a MUST HAVE for those warm days when sneakers would just be too stuffy. (And I think this would count as every day in the summer!!) I'd suggest to bring a pair of flip flops that are a neutral color or a color/pattern that will match almost everything you bring with you on the trip. You definitely want to pack light for just a weekend, so bringing multiple pairs of shoes would definitely weigh down your luggage!
2. A denim skirt/skort. I suggest this instead of shorts because of the simple fact that sometimes shorts just aren't comfortable in the summer. Especially in the peak of summer when you're on a trip, in the sun, in the humidity... A skirt is more airy and definitely fashionable. If you prefer the shorts but a more fashion savvy look; go with a skort. You get the look of a skirt, but comfort of shorts.
3. Breezy and airy light skirt. I suggest you also have one of these in your bag. Get a light cotton skirt. I suggest something from Old Navy because their skirts are beautiful, light, fashionable and very well priced. This can be paired with almost anything!
4. Tank Tops/Camis are a MUST HAVE! Something that will match both your skirts and your flip flops. They're light, airy, comfortable and they breathe very well. I love to wear these in the hot weather because I don't end up completely sweating.
5. A shrug or light sweater - If you're going out for dinner, sometimes it's a little cooler at night. I suggest you bring a shrug or light 3\4 inch sweater so you can just cover up a little at night. I got a great priced light shrug from Dots that cost me $4. Definitely cost efficient, comfortable and won't weigh you down when it's still a little humid.
Some great deals for your weekend trips:
Gap Outlet is offering a doorbuster sale with up to 40% off all adult items and 30% off all kids items from May 25-31, 2010! THEN, Gap Outlet extends the sale with up to 50% off select styles! Also, Gap Outlet is offering an exclusive coupon code to the TwitterMoms community for an additional 15% discount on all purchases, with a minimum spend of $75. This exclusive additional discount is available to all TwitterMoms friends and family from May 25 - June 7, 2010!
Banana Republic Factory Store is offering 40% off the ENTIRE STORE from Wednesday 5/26/10 – Monday 5/31/10 ONLY! In addition, Banana Republic Factory Store is offering an exclusive coupon code to the TwitterMoms community for an additional 15% discount on all purchases, with a minimum spend of $75. This exclusive additional discount is available to all TwitterMoms friends and family from May 25 through June 7, 2010, so hurry to your closest location today.
Print off your Gap and Banana Republic coupons below!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to win a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.