Aug 2, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: DAY FIVE - Favorite Quote

Believe it or not, I am completely serious, in High School I had a notebook full of quotes that inspired me.  High School was a very tough time for me, and whenever I felt down or felt like I couldn't go on with the humiliation and bullying, I would open up my book of quotes and go on to read some of them.  I can't take all the credit for the idea, another girl in my class started me on the idea.  It was a great idea, though because I loved to open that notebook and read inspiring and empowering quotes.  Unfortunately, I lost that notebook by now, but I would love to find it some day and read them through again.  I do have a few favorite quotes that I will list here with the reasons why I love them!

"If your kids hate you, you're doing something right..."

I say this so often here and that's because I completely feel it's true.  I hated my mom when I was a kid/teenager because she was overprotective of me and because she said no to things that would spoil me or otherwise hurt me.  Of course, at that time I never realized that everything she did was to protect me and just thought she was trying to be mean to me.  My kids are the same way.  If they want to do something or go somewhere and I say no, they hate me.  They despise me.  They say the same things to me that I said to my mom, but I don't take them to heart.  I know they're in the same position I was where I wanted to get my way so I used to say things to my mom to try to get my way.  My girls just don't realize that I'm just trying to protect them and I feel that because of that, I'm doing something right.  They'll realize someday, when they have kids, the reasons I said no weren't because I wanted to be mean or make their lives miserable, I was just trying to do my motherly duty to protect them.

"The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed."

...And it's so true.  If you set your mind for success every single time, you will succeed -- or at least you will feel good knowing you tried your hardest to succeed.  Imo, if you don't have the mindset to succeed, you probably won't.  If you think you're going to fail and you have that doubt in your mind, you probably will.  Think positively and things will probably go your way!

"Insist on yourself. Never imitate."

More or less meaning be yourself.  It's very important to stay true to who you are and not change for anyone.  Don't try to be someone you're not because if you don't like yourself, others will know that and feel the same way.  If you carry yourself with confidence, others will see that and like you for who you are.  This is a very important thing that I learned the hard way early on. 

"You must look into other people as well as at them."

Some people aren't always what they seem and occasionally you have to look beyond their front and facade to who they truly are.  If they're putting on a mask, it should be easy to see if you try!  Also another variation of, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." :)  
  
"The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable."
If you always dwell on what will happen in the future, you can't enjoy today.  You have to live for the moment and not worry about what can possibly happen.  You'll cross that bridge when you come to it!  Of course, I don't practice what I preach and I'm always worrying about the future. That's how I know it makes you miserable most of the time!  I talk from experience!
 
 

0 comments: