Aug 5, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: DAY SIX - 20 Of My Favorite Things

You want to know my 20 favorite things?  Well, it's really hard to choose since I love so much! (I'm easy!) Though I can painstakingly pick 20 out of the millions of things going through my mind right now!! 


1. My kids -  I am grateful for my kids every day of my life.  Even though I was nowhere near ready for motherhood when my oldest was born, instinct kicked in and it became the most challenging thing I had ever faced.  Now, you may not thing challenging is a good thing, but being a mother kind of challenging is amazing.  Everyday is a new adventure and though I face many obstacles, it's just great how I can overcome them with creative thinking.  The mommy mindset is an amazing thing that you acquire when you become a parent. :)

2. My Macbook - Once you go Mac you never go back. :)  It's true! I remember when I first got my iMac G4 back in 2003.  I was petrified of it.  I didn't know how to use it, I thought it was very different from my PC and therefore I freaked out.  (I'm not good with change!)  It took me all of a day to get used to it and realize how much better than a PC it actually is.  Macs are amazing. 


3. My Blackberry Storm - Though I'm not too fond of Verizon, I love my Blackberry Storm.  I have had it since it came out and I just love the ease of use, the suretype keyboard and the whole interface.  I've always loved Blackberry for numerous reasons, but I really think it's a great phone despite it's popular name. :)  I can't wait to upgrade to the BB Storm 2 when my upgrade date comes around!  It's supposed to be even better.  Anyone else a Crackberry Addict?


4.  My iPhone 3Gs - I know, I know, why do I need two phones?  Well, my iPhone I use as a business phone for my jewelry business as well as blogging and my media/PR contacts.  I think the ease of use for business is just spectacular on this phone and I also love all the apps.  Games for the kids? There's an app for that! ;)  I just had to say that.  This phone is great for many uses and cuts down my need to bring my iPod with me everywhere!  I was very iffy about the iPhone when the first one came out, but despite my hesitations I did get the first iPhone and I've been addicted ever since.  One day I'll upgrade to the iPhone 4 too.  :)



5. My car - I am just so grateful for this one.  My car is my new baby.  Since I drove around for so long in a car that needed a lot of TLC that I couldn't give, my new car (that I have had for 3 weeks) is just a blessing.  I'm so glad that I was able to trade my old car in and find a great deal on this new car.  I'm giving this car all the love it can get right now so it will last me longer. :) 

6. My friends - (no pic for this one because I don't have a pic of them all!)  I love my friends because they're the people who keep me positive.  They are there for me when things go wrong, they never let me down, they listen to my complaints and always have great advice for me... My friends are so important to me and I don't know how I can thank them.  They deserve so much more than I give them and I love them each so dearly. 

7. New York City - This is a very broad thing, but I absolutely adore New York City.  I'm there so often and I'm blessed to live so close that I can get there whenever I need to or want to.  There is so much NYC has to offer like Broadway shows, shopping, all the tourist attractions you'd ever want to see, concerts, great restaurants... I love it because it's so full of life.  When you're in NYC there is no way you can ever feel sad or down.  The upbeat nature of the city will naturally keep you happy and I love that.  



8. Juniors Cheesecake/Food - OH YEAH!!  Blueberry is the best you can ever taste.  If you find yourself wherever there is a Juniors (I always go to the one on 44th and b'way...in Shubert Alley) definitely get a piece of their Blueberry Cheesecake!  If you're going there for food besides cheesecake, get a cobb salad with bleu cheese dressing OR a yummy bacon cheeseburger no onions with fries and onion rings.  THE BEST!!


9. My room - Come on, who doesn't love their own room?  To me, my room is an escape from everything crazy.  While most people think the colors are loud, I find them calming and relaxing.  I have everything I need in here and could probably stay here for months at a time if I had to! LOL  My bed is so comfy having a pillow top and my favorite (expensive) foam pillows. (Yeah, $40 per pillow.  Don't hate!! I have bad allergies/athsma and these are hypoallergenic.)  I love this place!


10. MAKEUP!  Yeah, I love makeup and I'm not afraid to say it.  I have a large collection of makeup (even more than shown in this picture) and I do use it frequently!  When I'm bored and have nothing to do, I do experiment with makeup.  If I had the patience, I'd become a makeup artist, but I don't. Ha!  Makeup stores draw me in like a magnet... I can spend hours in those places.


11. Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza - Oh yes, I have to be specific.  I LOVE STUFFED CRUST PIZZA!  I don't know what it is about pizza hut, but it's just amazing.  It's an occasional treat since I'm on a diet, but oh how i crave it often!


12. Target - Seriously one of my favorite places to shop because of their prices and sales.  It's like a freaking one stop shop for everything that you need!  Target is so great. :) (Oh, and ours has a Starbucks AND Pizza Hut inside of it!)


13. Starbucks - Who doesn't love the taste of Starbucks coffee?  People say it's too expensive, but I would pay the money for a good cup of fresh Starbucks coffee or one of their iced drinks on a warm summer day!  I really love the taste.  Some can't tell a difference, but most can.  Starbucks is crisp, clean, very flavorful and doesn't leave a bitter aftertaste.  I love Starbucks!

14. Shopping - I'm such a girl.  I love shopping and can stay at the mall all day if I had the time to and had nothing to do.  Just aimlessly walking around window shopping or going on a shopping spree, it's all the same to me.  Of course, I try to avoid malls because I am seriously a shopping addict.  Once I get started, sometimes there is no stopping me until I feel that financial guilt... It's bad!! But I love it.

15. Music -  I seriously couldn't live without music.  Honestly, I need music on to clean, to think, to write, and even used to need music to do my homework.  To me, it's calming and fights the anxiety I get when I do certain things.  I love music.


16. Coach - Yes, I am a Coach addict.  Though rightfully so!  The purses I have purchased from Coach stand up tot he test of time.  I have had one for almost 5 years now and that purse is as strong as the day I got it while others have broken down within a year.  Even though Coach is pricey, the quality is worth it.

17. Anything that is pink!  Again, I'm such a girl.  The color pink makes me smile and happy.  It is my favorite color everrrr!!  Actually, when I was in college I did dye my hair pink.  As much as I never want to tell anyone that because it is embarrassing.  Though -- I was in art school so colored hair was absolutely no problem amongst everyone there!


18. Victoria Secret - Love their bras, panties, perfume and lotions.  They actually are great!  Expensive, but definitely worth the price.  Their products actually last while Target and Walmart bras I have had broke fairly quickly.  Love this store!

19. Sunglasses -  I don't know why, but I am obsessed with sunglasses!  I must have more than 35 pairs that I actually use.  They're all different kinds.  Some are brand name like Coach and Juicy and some are just cheap dollar store sunglasses that I thought looked cool.  I kind of feel like I have a different pair to coordinate with every outfit. 

20. Blogging -  Finally, blogging makes me happy.  Why?  It's an outlet for me to say what I want to say and be very honest.  It's a place for me to brag about my kids to people who actually care, to share new products, share my thoughts and so much more  I have met some great people through blogging and wouldn't change that for the world.  It's one of my most favorite past times.

0 comments: