Mar 26, 2011

The Bottle / "Baba" Dilemma!

Alayna was such an easy going baby.  She lost the pacifier by the time she was 4 months old and before she was a year old, she shed her bottle as well.  She didn't want anything to do with being a baby, even at 11 months!  As soon as she could talk, she proclaimed herself a "Big Girl" and has been that way since.  Olivia is a different story...

She was great with the pacifier.  She quickly got rid of that by the time she was 4 months old; just as her sister did.  We're having a problem with the bottle.  I don't know if she finds it her security or she just likes to drink from a bottle because she can use it at bedtime (I know, I'm a bad mother if I give my child a bottle at bedtime)  but she just won't give up the "baba".  Trust me, I have tried numerous times.

The realization hit me when the bottle that she was using sprung a leak.  Meaning:  She bit through the top of it. When I was at the grocery store earlier, I went to get her another bottle. (Which looks eerily similar to the one up there. lol)  When I picked up the bottle amongst all the other interesting sippy cups, I wondered, "What am I doing wrong?"  After all, if I can't do something as simple as getting her off her bottle, I must be doing something wrong.

This weekend she will be with daddy at her grandma and grandpa's house.  I am giving him the strict rules to try like hell to keep the bottle away from her.  He definitely has more patience than I do; I'll cave when she starts crying.  I have faith in him, that he will come back from grandma and grandpa's house without a bottle! (Or, that is my wishful thinking at least.)  

I'll leave you with an adorable picture of Alayna that I took with my iPhone.
She took a nap on my bed and hung her water balloon yo yo on a nail that my shelf used to hang on. HA! So creative...


0 comments: