Jun 29, 2010

The Artsy Mom's Grilled Chicken Tenderloin Satay


I decided to try to grill chicken tonight and try something new.  I've had some Thai Peanut sauce sitting in my refrigerator for a few weeks now, I picked it up when it was on sale.  Honestly, I winged it with the seasonings and just used a mix of stuff, but it tasted so good!! This is low calorie.  The calorie count came out to 370 calories when I used my lovely MyFitnessPal calculator.

What you'll need:

  1. 8oz (2 pieces) boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
  2. 1tbsp crushed peanuts
  3. Mix of different seasonings. (I used basil & chives)
  4. 1 cup chopped red onions
  5. 2-3tbsp Taste of Thai peanut satay sauce
  6. (optional) Thai Kitchen Spring Onion Soup mix (the small bag)

How to make it:

  • In a grill pan (sprayed with PAM),  grill the two chicken breast tenderloins.  While in the pan, season on both sides with the basil & chives
  • Chop the onions and add them to the pan
  • Turn the chicken accordingly and make sure it's cooked all the way through, but still juicy.  You don't want your chicken to be dry.  Honestly, I learned how long to grill chicken through trial and error.  If it's your first time just use your instinct.  Cut a little slice in the side of the chicken to make sure it's cooked through.
  • (If you're using the Spring Onion Noodles) While the chicken is grilling microwave the noodles according to the package.  Put aluminum foil over the soup while you're waiting for the chicken.  You want to make sure the noodles aren't watery.  Make sure all the soup evaporates out.  If it doesn't, you'll need to drain it.
  • The chicken satay sauce is so easy... Scoop 2-3tbsp out and put it in a small dish! No need to heat, but if you prefer to, throw it in the microwave for 10 seconds.  
  • Put the noodles on the plate and the chicken over it.  Garnish with the crushed peanuts.
It's so delicious and low calorie.  I actually made more than that and my kids and mom ate it too.  I have to tell you, if my kids eat it, it passes the taste test. HA!  I hope you do try this because it's so delicious.
The Thai Kitchen noodles/soup is also good for a mid-day snack or light lunch.  The calorie count in them is 120!  Deeeeeelicious!!  Again, the noodles are optional.  Since I didn't make any vegetables, I decided to use that instead.  So good.

0 comments: