Jun 1, 2010

Album Review: Clay Aiken - Tried & True


NOTE: Yes, I am a very proud Clay Aiken fan and have been since 2003.  I think he has an amazing voice.  I know some people have mixed feelings about him as a recording artist (or any American Idol artist.) but I would appreciate it if there were no harsh words said about him.  I'm not meaning to turn this into a whole debate, I am just expressing my love for this album and hoping people would give it a listen.  - COMMENTS ARE WELCOME, however. - Thank you!

Whether or not you grew up in the 50's, 60's and 70's, you'll enjoy Clay Aiken's new album Tried &; True, which drops on June 1, 2010.  Singing the real classics, Clay really shows off his amazing vocal range and talent.  Songs that he made fan favorites on American Idol such as Unchained Melody and Mac The Knife, he gives his own twist to; really making the songs his own.  (Side note: I believe that EVERYONE has to listen to Unchained Melody at least once.  This version of the song is breath-taking and just spectacular.)   Not only is his voice flawless, but the musical arrangements are genius.  The entire CD has a modernized big-band sound, making it completely different from anything else you'll hear these days.  This is real music, and good music at that.

The CD features songs such as Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You,  It's Only Make Believe,  Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, What Kind Of Fool Am I  and so many more amazing songs. (Track list below.)  If you're not a fan, I guarantee you will listen to this once and his voice will amaze you.  For us fans, well, it's just another chapter of our journey being fans over the last 7 years.

Clay also has a tour coming up starting July in Asheville, NC.  He will be touring with Ruben Studdard. "The Timeless Tour" will be amazing fans in 17 cities and will end on August 14th in Biloxi, MS.  Check his official website at ClayAiken.com for all of the tour dates!


This morning, June 1st, Clay will appear on Good Morning America previewing some songs from his new album.  He will also appear Tuesday night on the Joy Behar Show.  (CNN Headline News)  Wednesday he will appear on The View to perform songs from his new album as well.  Please tune in!!
  • Track List for Tried & True:
  • 1. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
  • 2. What Kind Of Fool Am I? (Featuring David Sanborn)
  • 3. It's Only Make Believe
  • 4. Misty
  • 5. Mack The Knife
  • 6. It's Impossible
  • 7. Unchained Melody
  • 8. Suspicious Minds
  • 9. Crying (duet with Linda Eder)
  • 10. There's A Kind Of Hush
  • 11. Moon River (featuring Vince Gill)
  • 12. Who's Sorry Now
  • 13. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
You can purchase the CD on iTunes, Amazon or any other music retailer!!


Video credited to International Media. Clay Aiken's PBS special will air in August. Date TBA.


Disclaimer:  I was not compensated at all for this review.  This review is solely my opinion and my feelings towards the artist and the recording.  

0 comments: