Jun 29, 2010

Toy Story 3, such a great movie!!

The other day my friend and I went to see Toy Story 3.  (Yes, two adults went to see a kids movie. lol)  I have to say, however, this movie is great for kids AND adults.  We thoroughly enjoyed it, even though the $21.95 price of a ticket was VERY steep.  And it's similar to this at EVERY theater due to the 3D and big screen.

I have to say, when I was 10 years old in 1995, I got Toy Story for Christmas. I spent the rest of that week watching the movie non stop.  When Toy Story 2 came out, I saw that as well.  The Toy Story movie series really brings back memories of my own childhood.

This movie was the best yet.  It had the same characters that we all know and love but the story line was something that appealed to both adults and children.  It had the perfect combination of laughs and (surprisingly) sad moments!!  The animation in this movie is top of the line.  If you went back with the original Toy Story in 1995, saw the slightly better quality in Toy Story 2 in 1999 and then saw this version, you'll be blown away with how far Pixar has come.  The 3D technology is also great.  (My one complaint, however, was that I didn't see the need for 3D.  I didn't see anything in the movie itself that warranted 3D.)

Andy is going away to college and his mother orders him to clean out his room.  She tells him that unused things should either go into the attic or into the garbage.  The toys are all worried that Andy will dispose of them except the rational Woody.  He convinces them that Andy will still want his old beloved toys.

Through a series of mishaps, the toys end up donated to a daycare where they believe Andy did not want them any longer.  Woody, still the voice of reason, tries to convince them otherwise.  They end up in a not so nice area of the nursery and form an adventurous plan to get themselves out when they find out Woody was telling the truth.

I don't want to give too much away because I thought this movie was absolutely awesome, personally.  Although, there were some scary parts that I'm surprised were actually in a children's movie!  (Very scarce, however.)  I would suggest definitely going to see this movie if you get the chance!  It actually was worth every penny.


0 comments: