Jun 16, 2010

Is Rather, Rinse, Repeat a thing of the past? WEN Haircare Review.

I'm a sucker for infomercials and late night advertising.  I've said that before and I proudly admit to it! Ha!  The other night I was in bed, couldn't sleep and came upon an infomercial for WEN Haircare.  It really peaked my interest because, as I always say, I am always looking for a product to make my hair silky and smooth.  Frizz is constantly my enemy.  Chaz Dean, the creator of WEN Haircare, claimed that regular Shampoos and even Conditioners strip your hair of natural oils and leave your hair feeling dull, dry and frizzy.  WEN Haircare claimed to fight all that and leave your hair moisturized, replacing the natural oils that have been stripped by regular use of Shampoos, shiny, silky, soft and fight the frizz.  Of course, being the obsessed hair product tester that I am, I decided to try this out.

Tonight was Night 1 of trying WEN.  I really had high hopes because of the infomercial and really wanted to like this product.  I wanted it to be the miracle that I've been waiting for and wanted it to do miraculous things within one washing.  First time using WEN, I have to say that I was a little disappointed. I did all the steps as was told, used some as a leave in conditioner, combed it through and when it was dry it was still very frizzy.

Now, I'm not one to just leave the product and count it as something that didn't work, so I did a little more research into the product.  I found some tips on numerous websites including someone who has been using WEN for two years.  She said that the first time she washed her hair with WEN it didn't work too well either.  That was because her hair was severely damaged. (As is mine!)  What she had said, was after using it for about 2-3 weeks, the product really does wonders and begins to repair your hair, giving the natural oils back.  I will give it a try and will definitely keep up the posts about how it goes.  I'm thinking about washing my hair again tomorrow just to see if it makes any other difference.  I am still very excited about this product and have high hopes.

0 comments: