Jul 9, 2010

MY NEW CAR, Social Parade and other Friday Follows!!


WELCOME to Friday Follow here at Life of an Artsy Mom!!  I'm so glad to have all of you here, the new followers and the old!  

1. What is one food you could eat everyday? I absolutely love buffalo wings and french fries.  They're definitely my weakness, especially when I'm on a diet!  I always crave them.  I'm one of those people who can't have their buffalo wings mild either.  I need them spicy. :)  My fries...well, I don't like to make them at home because they're just not the same!  McDonalds fries are just delish as are Burger King.  Wendys fries are on the bottom of my list! (Sorry Wendys lovers!!)  Of course, right now since I'm on a diet I can only dream of eating that stuff....

2. Are you working in the career you thought you would be when you were 18?  Not at all.  If you told me when I was 18 that in a year and a half I'd have a daughter and 4 years later have two girls I'd say you were crazy!!  When I was 18, I wanted to be a web designer for a large company.  Right now I am currently unemployed, so that really wasn't what I was planning, but life takes different paths than you plan and expect.  It's so difficult in our economy to get ANY jobs around here, but I am looking and I will get something eventually.  I would love to start something that can end up being a career for me and not just a job.  Things happen when they're meant to.

3. What is something that you wish you would have done when you were younger and you didn't?  I learned early on that life is too short to have regrets.  I believe it.  That said, I don't regret anything that I did or didn't do.  If I had to answer this question,  I wish I would have went to the public High School around here and not the private.  I think it would have opened a lot of paths for me and I also think it would have made me a stronger person.  I was picked on so much at my little private all girls High School it lowered my self esteem greatly.  Constantly, I'd change myself to try to fit in and I felt I had to because my class was a class of 50 girls.  If I had gone to the public HS, I would have had a class of about 1,000 and wouldn't have even had to change myself because I would have known I couldn't have pleased every one of those thousand people.  Though, I do believe HS made me stronger in the end because I did have to deal with all of the bullying and criticism. 

4. What color are your kitchen walls? Cream colored wallpaper with blue country stars.  We also have a border that's country apples in a basket.  It's adorable and I wish I had the money to completely accessorize my kitchen to match the wallpaper because I'm in love with it!!

5. Do you remember what your very first favorite song was?  I DO!!!! TLC, "Waterfalls" and Alanis Morsette, "Ironic".  I had two... :)  

Now, I have to brag...I must.  Previously I had posted about possibly getting a new car.  I needed one so badly as my old Subaru Forester was a 2001 and it needed a lot of work.  The car wasn't worth the $2,000 it would have cost to fix the brakes, shocks, struts, body damage, wheels, fan belt, etc...  The car was a mess and deemed, by my mechanic, too dangerous to even drive.  He said every time I drove my car, I was putting my life in my hands.

Being a single mom, money is extremely tight and I had absolutely no budget for a new car.  My only hope was selling mine and my moms and buying a new car straight out with whatever we got for ours.  Financing is not an option with the student loans I am still paying off.  I took my car to a few "cash for your car" places to see who would give me the most, and between my car and my moms, we got $7,000.  (Not bad for two cars that were a little older.)  

I believe in things happening that are meant to be because I got off the highway due to traffic about a week ago.  I never do that and usually wait on the highway, but I just didn't feel like it that day.  I wanted to go locally.  As I was driving down the street, I saw a car for sale.  It was gorgeous and exactly the car I wanted.  I took the number down and gave the owner a call.  He wanted $4,500 for the car and said it was in excellent condition, he just needed to sell it because his father passed away and it was his car.  

So.... I introduce you to...

The new love of my life.  That is a bad pic.  I actually took this pic about two weeks ago when I saw the car for sale for the first time. lol I wanted to show my mom, so I snapped the pic out my window.  I still have to get a good picture of my car.  It's a 2006 Chevy Equinox.  I. AM. IN. LOVE.  

It's in excellent condition, just a few scratches on the console. (Which I can deal with!)  It runs amazing and is bigger than my car, which is what I was looking for.  It can fit the car seats as well as another person in the back and is more than roomy.  I LOVE IT.  The only problem with it was the amplifier for the radio wasn't working and the CD player itself was jammed.  Not a problem!!  The keyless entry remote was broken as well.  Oh well, that's a luxury, not a necessity.  As long as the car runs... :)

Today, I ended up in Best Buy buying this lovely little thing...

A brand new Sony stereo for my car.  It was on sale for $84.99 and installation was so cheap.  They had it done for me in about an hour.  (THANKS WILL FROM BEST BUY!!)  I had money left over from what I got for my car, so I decided to just splurge.  After all, we are taking a ride down the shore on Sunday and my kids always need to listen to Imagination Movers. lol No joke.

That's my lovely car getting it's stereo installed. :)  I love this car.  It only has 70,000 miles on it.  Who am I to complain??  All I want to do is drive now and my mom and the kids want to go for rides.  I can't blame them!  This thing is amazing.

I don't know how the hell I was lucky enough to snag this car for $4,500, but I did and I'm so happy.  It looks expensive (ha!) and is the car I wanted for a long time now.  


0 comments: