Apr 30, 2010

Organizing, cooking and errands...


What a long day!  Tomorrow is our big yard sale, so the morning started off with cleaning up the pantry and kitchen.  That was our main task this morning.  We found so many things that we needed to sell, and I was very proud that my mom was behaving and not being nostalgic over appliances that were still in the boxes never used. ha! Along the way of cleaning out the pantry, we also got the chance to actually organize it.  I am so thankful that my mom agreed to help with that!  Now, I have my low fat/low cal food on one shelf all organized, my kids have their snacks all organized and everything else is on another shelf.  This is a huge difference seeing as how yesterday we had to jump over Stop and Shop canvas bags to even get INTO the pantry.  I enjoy having a pantry that we can actually walk into without killing ourselves on something. :)

I had to run out and do some errands, grocery shopping for the weekend, I had to return a shirt at Dots, get the kids shoes at Payless and I got a dress from a discount store here. (Called Deals & Discounts)  I paid $9.99 for this beautiful halter dress that I have been eyeing for weeks.  It's just gorgeous.  I tried it on when I got home and it looked so great on me.  I was so happy that it looked good!

Most of our day after that was spent in the back yard setting up tables, carrying out boxes and setting some things up.  We put a lock on our gate tonight so no one could get into the backyard and steal anything.  It's not supposed to rain, so I think we're ok!  It's crazy.  I just hope we sell a lot of our stuff because honestly, I just want to get this stuff sold and out of here.  I could also use the extra money.


Since I woke up today being 201.6, I was very excited to keep my diet on going.  I wanted to try something completely new for dinner.  At Stop & Shop today I found Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast Strips in the freezer section and Webber Tequila Lime marinade.  I had some extra pita pockets in the freezer and wanted to use them, so I made Tequila Lime Chicken Pitas. :)  They were absolutely delicious and under 300 calories!  I will post the recipe for them coming up.  They were just the best tasting things ever.  To me, it tasted like a chicken fajita!  I had some leftover chicken and I might throw them in a salad tomorrow. 


Wish us luck for our garage sale!!

0 comments: