Mar 29, 2010

Get To Know Me Sunday

Get To Know Me Sunday by Mannland5

1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging in 1999 because it was the thing to do online.  I was a member of so many 'teen' message boards and everyone was blogging and using their own domains.  My first domain was cybergrrl.net and my mom registered and purchased it for me.  I've been blogging ever since.  Except with a short haitus when I was in college from 2003-2004.  Though my blogs have really changed meaning over the years.  While I used to blog because it was cool, now I blog because I feel that if any of my mistakes or tips change someone's life...it was a huge accomplishment for me.

2. Who is the one blog friend that you would want to meet most in "real life"? Actually, I don't have any blog friends.  I really would love to make some! If anyone wants to get to know me on a personal level, feel free to e-mail me!

3. Why are you always concerned with losing that "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are? #1.  I know that I need to lose weight.  I know that if I don't lose the weight, I wont be healthy for my kids.  My worst fear was getting closer...only within 50lbs away.  I knew I had to change my life, even though people told me I looked beautiful.  I am on that road to changing my life now. :)

4. What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you? Whenever I meet a guy who might like me, I try to be myself without mentioning my kids at first.  Unfortunately, whenever you bring up that you have kids, that man bolts for the nearest door.  It discourages me because I don't know how I am ever supposed to find anyone... I feel like no one wants someone with kids.  No matter how good of a person they are or how great their heart is... I wish guys could understand that I am a good person with a loving heart.  I have a great personality and I deserve to be happy... I wish that someone somewhere will understand that someday.

5. Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes? I don't have any, but I would love to have one someday! :)

6. What was the best year of your life and why? 2004.  I was with my ex- fiance, I was independent and living away at college.  I had independence, freedom and for the first time, I felt like I fit in somewhere.  My ex fiance made me feel like I was something special (at that time) and I felt invincible.  It was a great year and one that I will never forget.  As much as it hurts when I think about my ex-fiance and as much anger as it brings me, it was still the best year of my life.

7. Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day. I have no idea! lol

8.What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows? Nothing, really.  I don't drink too often, but when I go out somewhere it's either a beer, long island iced tea, a tropical-ish drink or a margarita. :)

0 comments: