Mar 13, 2010

Review: Starbucks Dark Cherry Mocha Coffee

I remember when I heard about the Starbucks hype, but never really understood it.  It was quite long ago, but I do remember, "What in the world is that hype all about?  It's just coffee!"  Granted, there wasn't a Starbucks in my area at that time, and I didn't drive at that point.  There was no way for myself to even get to one.  

When I made more friends and started driving, I was dragged into a Starbucks by a friend who loved the place.  I would definitely have called her a Starbucks connoisseur.  I remember that I got a White Chocolate Mocha, and fell in love.  I realized then, not all coffee is the same. Starbucks WAS amazing and the hype WAS justified.

That is when my Starbucks addiction started.  I honestly have to have a Starbucks every single day, now.
My drink of choice has almost always been the Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce.  Even on my diet, that drink is definitely allowed to fit into my plan.  Of course, I do get the Holiday flavors because I absolutely adore the Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice.

Today I cheated on my Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce and got a Tall Dark Cherry Mocha.  I feel so guilty since the Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce and I have been in a great relationship for a long time, but I had to.  The temptation was too great.  
...I hate to say this: It was DELICIOUS!!  Such a different taste.  The Dark Cherry Mocha had a bold taste.  It is an espresso beverage and has a taste slightly of black coffee with a hint of creamy cherry and a slight hint of that chocolatey mocha taste.  The flavor is just amazing.

The aroma is also just so yummy.  It smells of chocolate and cherry.  Very mouthwatering!!  The first sip is just pure heaven.  I absolutely adore this damn coffee.  It just may be my new love... If only they had a skinny version of this drink...  Until then, I will have to give the Skinny Cinnamon Dolce a second chance!

Definitely try this drink out.. it is just pure decadence.

0 comments: